Now with people spending more time at home in front of their TVs, computers and smart phones, creating without a doubt one of the most captive audiences in history, brands and media networks alike are rushing to create their own TV video apps and web video channels so they’re not left behind. In fact any smart business in 2020 needs to make the move to online video and should do it now. Today it’s easier than ever for anyone to create their own AppTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, or Samsung video apps. This article details the video software need to get started build your video streaming service.
In order to create a successful video streaming business you will need to have:
- A base library of video content — no less than 20 videos
- An online video software platform for hosting, streaming, presenting and protecting your video content.
- An integrated user management/membership payments program for monetization.
The most common ways to build a video streaming service:
- Go at it alone. Find all the individual software components needed to create the video website, host, protect and monetize your videos.
- Work with an all-inclusive solution provider that will provide a fully integrated platform that will work out of the box or with minimal customization.
Most OTT software meets the standards mentioned above. To make your search for the best online video platform for your connected TV or OTT app easier we’ve put together this shortlist.
Recommended video software
Zype is video distribution software as a service that enables professional video content owners to launch and manage direct-to-consumer streaming video products and services. They offer cloud-based subscription software, infrastructure, and APIs.
dotstudioPRO is cloud platform and network for launching video streaming apps for OTT and mobile devices such as AppleTV, Roku, and Amazon. Monetize video content with subscription and pay-per-view toolsets and analytics.
Lightcast is an online video platform and agency focused on delivering cost effective connected TV, on demand and live video solutions for organizations with video libraries and audiences of all sizes.
TradeCast TV is a single-source solution for launching and monetizing your own online video platform. The software includes analytics, graphics, subscriptions, a custom player and native OTT apps for on-demand, live and linear broadcasting.
Airbeem offers an online video software designed to enable premium content owners to deliver and monetize video across all screens and devices by creating and managing end-to-end OTT video app services across all major platforms and services.