If you’ve been investigating and evaluating video platforms for your organization then you are on your way to video marketing success. The technology alone won’t make your strategy successful, you need to consider video content creation plan. In this short article we’ll focus on content creation for video marketing and strategy ideas and questions to consider.
When creating a video marketing plan, you should consider these questions:
- How do I begin to create a video marketing strategy?
- What are the tactical elements of creating business videos?
- What kind of video content should I develop?
- How do video length, tone, and location work to build brand and engagement?
- What will I do after creating this plan?
Developing a Video Content Strategy
When developing a video content strategy, or any marketing strategy, you should start with more questions than answers.
Questions to Assist in Video Content Development
- What inventory do you already have to use? Which videos already exist and how can they be utilized? Catalog, tag, and store all historical (and new) video assets in a central video marketing platform.
- What are the objectives of this video campaign? Does each video have a specific purpose?
- Who is the audience? How does the business speak to them? Consider what content initiatives have already been a success and if they deserve video counterparts. Which material failed? Why? Consider if video might be a better format for that message.
- What is the Call-to-Action? Many videos and persuasive content end with a question. A topic to think on after the presentation of information. The desired action is going to differ significantly depending on which lifecycle stage the video addresses. As we enter conversion and advocacy, the call-to-action may be much more direct.
- How will it be promoted? Where will it live?
If you answered the questions above, you should now have a template for video marketing before you begin with video production. Follow 50Wheel for more content creation strategy advice. You can also browse our directory of video content creation platforms here.