This is a quick exercise to get Brightcove customers thinking about some of the most critical aspects of their use of that platform. Although this article is meant for Brightcove Customers, the same advice will apply to other platforms.
First off, which level of account are you with Brightcove? There are three options (Express no longer offered) Express, Pro, Enterprise. Do you have a video channel, is it a YourBrandTV implementation or are you using their new gallery product?
- Why did you choose Brightcove as your video hosting partner? Was it because you were early to the game and got into the online video space when the company launched, or maybe one of the many large brands and enterprises that rely on on Brightcove to power their online video?
- How are you managing video within Brightcove? Are you using tagging, playlists, etc? Are you placing embeds on your website or using the API? To get the most from your account you will most likely need to uncover an automated video publishing workflow. If you are manually placing video across your website, then you are likely spending a lot of time and resources to manage it.
- Have you built a custom video portal, how are you managing it? There are a ton of advantages to custom video portals but managing the code base can become a pain and the butt, so looking at a solution like Brightcove Gallery, or other video site solutions make it more manageable.
- What type of analytics are you getting in regards to video engagement? Although a leader when it comes to delivery, Brightcove’s analytics are somewhat basic and limited. Depending on your use of video and reporting needs, there are a number of video analytics solutions available.
- Are you getting the benefits from video SEO with Brightcove? To achieve optimal video SEO, you will need to configure a video site map and make sure to optimize the web site your Brightcove video players are embedded on. Its probably a good idea to stay up to date with what Google is doing with SEO these days, cause its always changing.
- Have you integrated other solutions with Brightcove, such as Marketing Automation, Interactivity, or an Ad Plaform? One of the great things about Brightcove is that there are APIs that let you do pretty much anything you want with video and now with new technology from Zencoder, things have gotten a whole lot better. The new re-branded Marketing offering has an out-of-the-box integration with Eloqua. See other solutions that integrate with marketing automation.