Welcome to 2020, the year of global pandemics, recessions, job loss and a new lifestyle of working from home. I think it’s fair to say that the world has changed and how we use video today is not the same as it was yesterday. In fact, we bet your mom or your relatives didn’t even know what Zoom meeting was before this year.
What we’re getting at is, online video is exploding unexpectedly and now everyone and anyone is utilizing video to communicate. In many ways video has become the new primary means of business communication. So take all those stats you know about online video and throw them out the window!
These are the latest video marketing stats, fresh from the front lines and readjusted based on the affect of the pandemic, taking into account the new forecasted growth for streaming media.
The State of Video Content Creation and Content Marketing in 2020
What the numbers are saying
- 85% of all businesses now use online video
- 92% of marketers are reporting that video will be central to their campaigns in 2020 and 2021.
- 66% of buyers say they prefer short product videos over longer form content.
- 64% of consumers prefer video instead of other content types
- Video advertisements are reported as the #1 channel that performs across social media.
- 95% of marketers plan to increase video marketing budget in 2020 and 2021.
- 87% of business videos are watched on a desktop computer.
- The most popular videos are tutorials, explainer videos and webinars.
- The most revenue generated from a B2B webinar was $320,691 and it was for a financial services company, where users purchased a service during the event.
- B2B buyers consumed on average 55 minutes of online video content in Q1 and Q2 2020. This is up from 43 minutes in 2019.
- The average video length of B2B videos is 4 min and 28 seconds.
- Online video will account for over 85% of all web traffic by 2022.
- 50% of buyers report that they watch videos online before making purchases, with 94% of those saying YouTube is the primary destination where that video content is consumed.
- 4 out 5 people have engaged with online learning through video at some point in their lives.
- 87% of marketers report that online video embedded on their websites has had a positive uplift in web traffic, with an 81% increase of time on site.
- People spend an average of 16 hours watching online video each week.
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content.
- 85% of the entire population of the United States watches online videos.
- People that are 25-34 years in age watch the most videos, with men spending 40% more time than females consuming video.
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined.
- 81% of consumers say they are interested in engaging brands through interactive video.
- Digital marketers have reported an 8 times conversion on email campaigns that include personalized video versus those that don’t.
- Using the word ‘video’ in the subject line will increase conversion by 19%.
- Marketers that leverage personalized video have seen upwards of a 25% lift in sales.
The Impact of COVID-19 On Video Marketing and Online Video [Report]