By now video has established its place in the marketing mix. The campaigns we create, the messaging and stories we tell to entice and educate buyers are now all anchored with video content. Why do we invest so much of our budgets and resources into creating and distributing video content? Let’s take a look into the reasons why?
Video for brand awareness
- 83% of buyers say they are much more likely to share a video on social or email compared to static content like a blog post or image.
- 85% of buyers say they would like to see more video from vendors in 2018-2019.
- 86% of buyers consume video on desktop devices and only 14% on mobile.
Video for sales support
- Businesses love it, in fact 97% of marketers say video has helped increase buyer understanding of their products. Going beyond that, 76% of marketers say video viewership resulted in an actual sale.
- It’s no secret that buyers love it too, with 95% of buyers watching a video before purchase.
Video for technical support and customer success
- 47% of marketers say support video content has helped them greatly reduce support queries and lower time on the phone addressing customer cases.
- 69% of buyers that engaged with support video content in the pre-sales stages ended up making a purchase.
- 80% of marketers say video increase time onsite increasing customer retention and advocacy.
Video distributed to social media
- 87% of marketers publish video content to YouTube.
- Out of the marketers who publish to YouTube a surprising 90% of them found it to be an effective strategy.
- 68% of marketers publish video to Facebook.
- Out of the marketers who publish to Facebook, 87% of them found it to be an effective strategy.
- 34% of marketers stream live on Facebook Live
- Out of the marketers that stream love on Facebook, 81% of them found it to be an effective strategy.
- 41% of marketers publish video content to Instagram.
- Out of the marketers who publish to Instagram, only 71% of them found it to be an effective strategy.
- Only 39% of marketers publish video content to Twitter.
- Out of the marketers who publish to Twitter, 71% of them found it to be an effective strategy.LinkedIn
- 38% of marketers publish video content to LinkedIn.
- Out of the marketers who publish to LinkedIn, 75% of them found it to be an effective strategy.
Video for online training and education
- 91% of buyers have watched a tutorial video to learn about a product or service.
- 79% of buyers would rather watch a video about a product than read text or a static web page.
Now that you have seen the numbers, can you benchmark your business? How do you compare to the businesses surveyed in this article? Take our interactive survey.