Video is by far the highest performing content type business see engagement and conversion from on social media. Video advertisements rank as one of the top ways buyers discover brands that they feel comfortable making online purchases from.
Online video and social video for that matter has matured and the key “players” have settled into place with Facebook leading as a platform for following, engaging with, and watching videos from brands. When it comes to brand discovery, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram are the leading channels.
See the latest stats gathered from vendor and buyer surveys on the efficacy of online video marketing across social media channels:
- 64% of marketers have had success using video ads on Facebook to a convert new clients in 2019.
- 79% of marketers reached new clients on Instagram
- 91% of marketers are happy with the performance of their video marketing on social media.
- 85% of marketers feel that video is an effective way to get buyers’ attention online.
- 93% of businesses have converted a new customer due to social video.
- 58% of buyers visit a brand’s social media pages before visiting the businesses’s website.
- Marketers rank video as the number one content source for engagement and awareness on social media.
- 58% of buyers trust a business that engages their audience with video on social media than a business without video.