Its no surprise that social media engagement is the number one reason why marketers created video in 2018. Marketers created 2 videos a month and shared them across the top 3 platforms Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. And the results have been rewarding too, with 88% of marketers satisfied with their ROI they’ve seen with social video, 93% of those have actually landed a new customer via social video.
A recent study conducted by video content creation company Animoto reveals some impressive data about the impact of social video this year.
Here are the top stats and trends in social video for 2018:
Brand Awareness and Influence
- 73 % of buyers say a brand’s social media presence has had an impact on a purchase decision.
- 32 % of buyers report visiting a brand’s social media page before visiting a brand’s website.
- 45% of buyers have found a brand and it’s products from social video ads as opposed to organic content.
Social Platform Driving Results For Brands
- Buyers consider Facebook the best social channel to watch video
- YouTube ranked second.
- Instagram coming in third, although growing and will be interesting to see next year’s data.
- 48% of buyers state they have been influenced to make a purchase decision based on a brand’s video on Instagram
- 49% of buyers on Instagram have watched a video on IGTV.
How Marketers Are Adopting Social Video
- 84% of marketers feel that video creation skills are important when hiring for a new marketing role.
- 69% of marketers say that they create more in-house marketing videos this year than they did last year.