When it comes to implementing video across your organization, you’ll most likely be managing video that’s public facing, generally for marketing purposes, and also sensitive content destined for a controlled authenticated audience. There are a number of technology options and methods to protect video content, this post covers what we would consider to be the most scalable and easy to use, Single Sign-On (SSO). Single Sign On (SSO) is an extremely powerful solution for distributing private or password protected video so it reaches the hands of your employees, partners, contractors, customers and users, etc. SSO eliminates your users from having to log into multiple accounts and remembering multiple sets of credentials, increasing user adoption.
Here are the top benefits of Single Sign-On:
- Security and Compliance — SSO technology leverages existing security protocols and compliance systems established by most applications. This means the same security measures you are already using will be applied to the viewing of your video content.
- Simple, Easy and Fast — There is no need to maintain a separate list of administrators and logins for viewers. Viewers will only need to login once to have access multiple systems.
- Better User Experience — SSO enables video content to be integrated into existing workflows and processes, so viewers won’t have to remember another password or hunt down access.
- Flexible Configuration — SSO tied to video is a flexible solution. Use cases range across the board, most common are communicating with employees, customers, partners, etc. Because of the breadth of APIs most SSO solutions provide, unique and custom configurations are easy to tackle.
- Streamlined Data and Analytics — SSO makes it simple to tie video analytics into data from systems across the tech stack. Easily pull viewer behavior and video analytics data to and from other applications.