Today many companies and their teams are working remotely using video conferencing and meeting software as the primary means of communication. This shift, accelerated by the pandemic, has left many companies dealing with employee burn out from Zoom meeting fatigue. Enter virtual meeting company Scoot. Scoot is a virtual meeting platform that is reimagining video meetings to increase remote employee engagement and reduce burnout.
Scoot has announced a funding round of $12 million in a Series A led by Woodland Capital. This recent capital raise brings Scoot’s total funding to $16 million. This level of investment makes Scoot one of the top video conferencing software companies in 2023.
This recent round of funding will be used to further built out their platform and drive go-to-market goals in the U.S. market. Scoot estimates that they will grow their workforce in 2023 from 14 employees to 30.
What’s awesome about Scoot?
- Users can choose custom background themes and music for meetings.
- Admins designate which features are available to participants and secure rooms with join settings.
- Hybrid meeting features allow users to livestream content into a virtual room joinable via Scoot’s iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Admins have access to analytics to see who attended a meeting and how long they attended.
- Spontaneous Conversations lets meeting participants break out into smaller groups for more intimate chats.
- Crowd Noise Technology lets a presenter and rooms up to thousands of people — hear reactions (e.g. laughs, cheers) in real time.
- APIs developers can build on top of.