Welcome to 2021, with all of us sitting at home, online video has exploded. It came out of nowhere and changed the world to adapt to our new normal. Without question, video marketing will be different in 2021. Based on our research and input from trusted vendor partners, we have assembled the top video marketing statistics to know this year.
General video marketing statistics from 2020
- Nearly 91% of digital marketers say video provided ROI in 2020.
- 89% of digital marketers reported that video was specifically for generating leads last year.
- 86% of digital marketers reported that in 2020, video had a direct impact in driving traffic to website and landing pages.
- 82% of digital marketers say video had a direct impact on revenue.
- 96% of digital marketers plan to increase or maintain video spend in 2021.
- Video has proven to directly impact gyms and fitness company retention rates by at least 65%.
- Of all businesses surveyed in 2020, 87% of businesses currently use video as a marketing tool.
- In 2020, 98% of digital marketers spent money on video ads from platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- In 2020, roughly 71% of B2B marketers used video marketing in their digital marketing efforts.
- In 2020, 68% of B2C marketers used video marketing in their digital marketing efforts.
- 67% of digital marketers used or broadcasted live video in 2020.
How consumers engaged with online video in 2020
- Nearly 90% of consumers survey in 2020, reported that they were influenced to buy a product or service after watching a brand’s video.
- As of early 2020, YouTube reached more 18 to 49 year old individuals within a given week, which is more than all cable TV networks combined.
- More than 76% of shoppers used online video to learn about products in 2020, as compared to 55% in 2019.
- In 2020, 81% of video viewers reported that video quality was a considerable factor in whether or not they consumed the video.
- In 2020, nearly 86% of video created by video marketers were less than 3 minutes in length.
- 72% of video viewers watched brand videos all the way through if it was under 60 seconds in length. Videos longer than 5 minutes saw a drop odd down to 28%.
- In 2020 94% of video viewers viewed videos with the sound muted.
- In 2020 nearly 52% of consumers activated captions while viewing videos with the sound off.
- Video ad spend in 2020 increased by more than 36%.
- In 2020 YouTube video consumption was more than 72% on mobile devices.
- Video viewers spent more than 50 minutes a day, on average, watching YouTube on mobile devices in 2020.
- 90% of video views in 2020 were on mobile devices.
- Video on Twitter was 6x as likely to be retweeted as photos in 2020.
- In 2020 90% of global brands posted video to YouTube at least once per week.