This guide focuses on video software designed for digital marketing professionals and production agencies to create engaging interactive video. Whether you are looking to create educational content with quizzes, sales videos with in-video, or make a retail video shoppable, these software solutions have you covered.
Common feature sets
The video software in this guide is broken down into a number of high level rating and ranking categories which you can see to your right. There are also secondary sub-categories which you can find below in this column.
- Video Content Creation
- Video Personalization
- Video Collaboration
About the Guide
Leaders: The Leaders category is hand picked software by the 50Wheel team based on market success, popularity and growth rate.
Top Rated: The Top Rated category is customer rated software by the over 100,000 users who visit 50wheel.com each month.
Definition: Learn more about this category of software with a short elevator pitch, a breakdown of the top features, and a pricing and packaging overview.
50Wheel is the world’s leading website for video strategy and marketing technologies. Browse hundreds of software tools, guides and get strategy advice.
Mindstamp provides software that helps engage audiences by enriching any video with interactive comments, questions, actions, and more. No heavy editing software required.
WIREWAX is an interactive video platform helping 40,000+ users from all over the world, empowering them to create powerful and immersive interactive and shoppable videos. Now it’s your turn.
Adventr provides marketers with an interactive video platform to design, distribute, and analyze interactive, viewer-driven, video content.
Axonista provides an online video platform with a suite of tools that enables digital brands to grow, engage, and convert audiences on OTT devices, web and mobile.
EngageOne Video is an enterprise interactive video platform for creating unique, real-time video experiences that grow existing relationships and increase sales through both personalization and interactivity.
All software in category
What is interactive video software?
The Elevator Pitch
Turn your videos into high powered lead generation and communication assets by adding clickable buttons, links and other interactive elements to videos. Give viewers the ability to interact with your videos and brand in a personalized way that will ultimately lead to sales and continued loyalty.
Plus reap these other added benefits:
- Better qualify contacts and leads by increasing engagement and segmenting your audience based on viewer actions.
- Take your sales process digital — capture contact information and move leads through the funnel based on their interests.
- Educate your customers and prospects with interactive training videos that will drive higher engagement, deeper learning, and verification of completion and understanding of materials.
The Top Feature Sets
Interactive video software enables video marketers to drive viewer actions from video, capture meaningful information while gaining viewer insights and behavior patterns.
The top feature sets include:
- The ability to overlay comments and images for context or additional information
- Add in-video forms to gather contact information such as name, e-mail, or phone number.
- Collect feedback with in-video surveys.
- Gather insights into video engagement, audience data, comments, responses, clicks, and other actions taken by the viewer.
The Pricing & Packaging
Interactive video software comes in a few classes: freemium and enterprise. Freemium providers deliver basic video overlays and links.These basic interactive tools work well for a single or a couple of videos.
Enterprise providers, on the other hand, provide complete end-to-end interactive video toolsets, including completely custom implementations of in-video click-able elements.
Interactive video can be somewhat costly to work with, but it’s a video marketing tool that can be directly attributed to the success of your videos, down to the viewer’s action.
Generally, vendor plans are packaged with:
- Basic interactive video creation and studio tool sets as standard across all plans
- Interactive video layers including, links, hotspots, buttons, images, iframes and much more.
- The ability to create a single interactive video or apply elements to an entire library.
- Data reporting and integrations with 3rd party marketing and CRM software, which is usually a premium feature.
Organizations that use interactive video software are paying on average $625 per month, per user.
The Top Software Available
When it comes to vendors that offer interactive video software, there are only a few of them, less than 30 in total. They come from all across the globe, with the most popular being in the United States. Depending on your specific need, each vendor has its specific niche and tailors their technology slightly to serve it. Go out and explore, compare and see what’s right for you and your business.