Compare video live streaming platforms Brightcove vs Kaltura vs JWPlayer and stack features, packaging & pricing, and customers to see which solution is right for you.
Brightcove is one of the largest online video platform providers, used by media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide to publish and distribute video online. The company provides hosting ...
- Video hosting and CDN services for both on demand and live streaming
- Ad integration support for companion, expandable banner, interactive, mid-roll, overlay banner, overlay text, post and pre-roll ad formats.
- Adaptive Bitrate switching so the video player adapts to the speed of the internet connection and delivers the relevant transcode.
- Analytics, including engagement, geolocation, and APIs for integrating with 3rd party services.
- APIs and SDK for development and 3rd party platform apps.
- Batch Upload and integration with uploading apps and hardware for fast file upload.
- Video content management, designed for large libraries of videos.
- Live Streaming capabilities for public and private video streams
- Video Gallery toolset for building video experiences
- Media Scheduling, the ability to publish videos at a specific set time.
- Video player design and customization for completely branding the video player.
- Integration with video subscription tools
- Video security, including RTMP and secure streams
- Integration with transcription services for creating subtitles
Packaging & Pricing
Brightcove pricing starts at $199 a month and generally requires an annual contract, but there are credit card options available with the Starter plan. Pricing is based on package and video plays. Free 30-day free trial available.
PUMA, New York Times, SNAP, Bank of America, Dunkin Brands, Under Armour
Kaltura provides an Open Source Online Video Platform that provides media companies advanced video management, publishing, and monetization tools that increase their reach and monetization and simplify their video operations. Enterprises use Kaltura'...
- Video Upload and Ingestion – Easily upload and ingest video, audio, images and docs. Bulk or individual file uploads, via browser, desktop app, email or mobile.
- Video Transcoding and Processing – Upload your content and we’ll transocode it into multiple flavors, or use your own transcoders.
- Lecture Capture – Capture and manage recorded videos of your lectures with Kaltura and third party recording tools.
- Video Management – Organize your content, search media, edit, moderate, create playlists, and much more – all in one intuitive interface.
- Video Player – Customize player design and features or leverage built-in templates.
- Video Editing Tools – Trim videos to create clips, add subtitles, and cue points to enable chaptering, advertising and deep search.
- Webcasting – Experience a Webcasting solution that is fully integrated with your video portal.
- Video Monetization – Grow your revenue with content monetization tools, and audience engagement reporting including paywall and subscriptions.
- Video Analytics – Get insight into content performance and viewer behavior. Make informed decisions based on real data.
- Live Streaming – Full HD live streaming and archiving.
- Video Security – Protect your content with end-to-end security
Packaging & Pricing
Kaltura offers their solutions in several different packages to make it super easy to deploy in either on-premise and cloud based scenarios.
- Kalutra Cloud Based Edition which is a fully hosted video platform with various service packages levels starts at between $499 -$1,00 a month.
- Kaltura On Premise Edition which is self-hosted version of the video platform with commercial license, and full support and maintenance.
- Kaltura Community Edition which is a free community supported, self-hosted version of the platform
ABC News, Paramount, HBO, Warner Brothers, SAP, Accenture, Texas Instruments
JW Player offers an advanced and flexible online video platform and media player for publishing videos, running video ads, and streaming content. JWPlayer offers a consistent viewing experience across HTML5 and Flash, across mobile, tablet, and d...
- Online video platform with hosting and streaming
- Adaptive streaming allowing for fluid playback across any device and bandwidth scenario
- HTML5 video player with full customization and configuration options
- Native live streaming and social streaming
- Video advertising platform and integration with ad exchanges and networks
- Media management and CMS for video
- Content discovery and recommendation engine
- Detailed video analytics and insights
- iOS and Android video app creation
- Wrap YouTube videos with the JWPlayer
- Robust APIs for developers
Packaging & Pricing
JWPlayer offers a few out of the box plans to meet video needs of any size and custom packaging for enterprises and unique use cases. JWPlayer’s Free plan provides 25GB of streaming per month and 10k video plays a month. The Premium plan provides 250GB of streaming per month and 100k video plays a month. Platinum at 500GB of streaming per month and 200k video plays a month and includes video ad functionality. The Custom plan offers live streaming and integration with social media.
Vice, Univision, The Onion, Hearst, Little Things, Mashable, Univision, Fox, Evite, BBC, Popsugar