With audiences accesses content on all devices and screens content creators, brands and educators alike are rushing to create their own OTT and Connect TV video apps to give viewers what they are looking for: an engaging and meaningful content experience.
To succeed in designing and building your OTT video app you need these three key ingredients for success:
- A ever growing library of attractive video content
- A video platform with an engaging user experience including personalization
- Integration of data and video and marketing technology
The most common OTT business models that have emerged in the last years:
- Virtual Multichannel Experience (vMVPD) a range of different types of video from various licensors. This model calls for a combination of subscriber fees and ad revenues depending on the content.
- Freemium Model with a mix of free and paid content with an all-inclusive subscription, low monthly membership, with high-value programming such as live events and exclusive video offered as an additional fee.
- Pure Ad-Supported video on demand provide all the content for free supplemented with pre, mid, and post-roll advertisements.
Most OTT software meets the standards mentioned above. To make your search for the best online video platform for your connected TV or OTT app easier we’ve put together this shortlist.