Video marketing is a powerful tool to use to communicate your company’s brand and attract talent. If you ask some of the world’s top recruiters, they’ll tell you that video is a critical element of any recruiting strategy. And since videos are on average shared 12 times more than text and link posts combined, you can be sure that plenty of eyeballs will see your job opportunities. In this short post I will cover cover ways businesses are using video to generate demand for their jobs, source the best candidates and streamline hiring processes.
To attract top talent to your organization you will need to develop campaigns that leverage video to convey your company culture. The goal of the campaigns are to inspire people to want to work with you by showing them what it’s like to be a part of your culture. There are a number of ways to do this; you could create a micro-documentary style-video on culture or use user-generated-content and empower employees to generate their own videos — which has proven to be very effective.
Host all your recruiting video content on your website via a video marketing platform and make sure sharing is enabled so people can spread the word. If you have more than one video in your campaign you will want to make sure each has it’s own playback page on your domain. It’s important for video playback to happen on your site because you are bringing interested candidates back to a controlled and branded experience where they can convert
Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- Create video content that is short, showcase in-house experts, company events, employee generated content, mini-documentaries. You can also interview team members, day-in-the-life stories, company events, customer testimonials.
- Goals for video are to get talent excited about the work you are doing and what type of work environment they are walking into at your company.
- Measure success with video plays, video shares, and number of applicants applying to your jobs. You can also measure the quality of applicants.
- In-video CTAs & Interactivity Options — Use in-video links to promote sharing and direct interested people to your careers page, specifically the job listing where the viewer can take action. You can also use in-video links to promote current job openings directly in the video.
- Best Distribution Channels — Embed these videos on your company website. Add video embeds to your job descriptions, especially on job boards. Share your video content and campaign pages as widely as possible, including to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.
As you can see incorporating video marketing into your recruiting and hiring campaigns will help you hire the right people faster and more effectively. Video informs candidates on how to apply to your jobs so they know what to expect. You can even add video interviews to your application process to learn more about your candidates, evaluate their presentation skills or accelerate recruiting in field-based organizations.
To learn more about video marketing for recruiting subscribe to our newsletter.